The SLATs are part of the Secondary Flight Control System. They are extended from the leading edge of the wings during take-off and landing to provide additional lift.
The power electronics hardware development is governed by the strict guidelines of RTCA DO-254. Meeting the customer's requirements regarding weight and performance was a major challenge.
In addition to the SLAT MCE unit, Silver Atena also developed the necessary HIL test systems and test benches.
- Used for the electric operation of the leading edge wing flaps (SLATs) of the Airbus A350 XWB
- The SLAT MCE controls the electric motor of the SLAT Drive and the electrical power off brake
- Hardware developed according to civil aviation standard RTCA DO-254, Design Assurance Level (DAL) B
- Qualified for environmental conditions according to civil aviation standard RTCA DO-160 and Airbus directives
- Electrical Power Processors: Power supply from aircraft network (3 x 230 VAC, variable frequency)
- Total power: 25 kW
- Enclosure: Hermetically sealed chassis with passive cooling
- Temperature Range: -55 °C ... +95 °C (operating)
- Interfaces: ARINC 429, CAN, RS-232, resolver, 3-phase high voltage motor output Solenoid output
- Developed by customer
- Flight Control Systems
- Auxiliary units
- Applications using electric drives as replacement of mechanical / hydraulic systems