The first item within the aircraft engine control unit family is the Dual Channel FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control ), which operates a new V12 common-rail Diesel engine.
The FADEC enables comfortable engine handling by use of single lever power control and incorporates lifetime monitoring as well as intelligent fault management.
The electronics are redundant. They monitor and control over 115 inputs and outputs (I/Os) of the V12 Diesel. The FADEC offers comprehensive engine management and monitoring. It detects electrical as well as mechanical faults in the engine control system.
The diagnostic capabilities which include lifetime monitoring and an intelligent fault management enable operation of the engine at the highest safety level. Performance and consumption optimisation as well as single lever power control are already implemented in the FADEC.
- Redundant control and monitoring of a V12 common-rail Diesel engine with single lever power control
- Dual channel ECU architecture (full operation of aero engine also with only one ECU lane)
- Developed according to civil aviation standards RTCA DO-178B (software) and DO-254 (hardware) with safety level DAL B (Design Assurance Level)
- Certified for environmental conditions according to civil aviation standard RTCA DO-160G
- Engine Monitoring: detection of electrical and mechanical failures of the engine control system
- Intelligent Life Usage Monitoring
- Aircraft engines certified according to EASA CS-E
- Aircrafts certified according to EASA CS-23/FAR 23
- Rotorcrafts certified according to EASA CS-27 and EASA CS-29