- Powerpack - Electrical Simulation
- Translatory Drive
- Rotatory Drive
- Single Side Force Administration
- Double Sides Force Administration
The individual steering robot and the test bench construction will be configured according to customer requirements. Examples are:
- Test bench with small package; rotatory, single side force administration, approx. 21 Nm
- High dynamic test bench with linear motor , approx. 50 kN
- High dynamic test bench with cooling system; translatory, approx. 25 kN
- High dynamic test bench with translatory motor, single side force administration
- High dynamic test bench, double sided translatory force administration
- Extremly small package (electrical cabinet). Complete electr. simulation, without mechanical steering components
Due to the higher complexity, electric steering systems call for stricter approval processes for safeguarding the functional safety than hydraulic steering systems. In addition, they require an exact definition of control algorithms regulating the driving dynamics and the vehicle-specific requirements of the on-board system. Appropriate test benches need to offer highly precise and extremely rapid load units and integrated test automation.
Silver Atena offers various steering test benches: The standard version administers forces on one side of the rack. The extended version offers force administration from both sides of the rack. The system excels thanks to the high dynamics and its regulation behaviour. For high mechanical loads, up to the point of destroying the test unit, the system offers linear motors with rack forces up to 60 kN. The linear actuators can be equipped with water-cooling and have been specifically designed by Silver Atena for this purpose.